So you’re thinking of becoming an ESL teacher?
As you consider the decision, ask yourself some of the following questions:
- Is being a teacher right for me?
- Why do I want to teach ESL?
- Am I able to communicate and interact well with others?
- Am I organized enough to follow a schedule, plan lessons, attend teacher meetings, etc.?
- Can I take feedback and criticism well?
- How comfortable am I living in a foreign country?
- Do I want to teach adults or children?
These are just a few questions that people commonly ask themselves as they think about entering into the education field as an ESL teacher. For some, this is an easy decision as they may have some experience in a classroom; but for others, teaching ESL may be a completely new experience. Teaching, like every other profession, has its pitfalls. As a new teacher, you will have to learn…
View original post 634 more words